^Back To Top
Get Adobe Flash player

Daffodil

Narcissus Pseudonarcissus

Physicians and herbalists employed powdered daffodil flowers to induce vomiting, as in cases of poisoning. Because he dafodill bulb is extremely dangerous, herbalists no longer use it. The plant is still a favorite flower, inspiring coutless verses and songs and beloved as a harbinger of spring.

Daffodil bulbs, somtimes mistaken for onions, are toxic and may cause death. Symptoms include salivation, vomiting, nausea, and contraction of the pupils.

Login Form